Monday, April 20, 2015

[Makeup Review] LA Splash Lip Couture

The amount of matte lip product nowadays have been huge! The trend keeps on coming, almost every week I discover the new product launched the matte lipstick/lip stain/lip whatever you want to call it. I intrigued to try matte lip product since the NYX Soft Matte Lip Color. I have two color which is Antwerp and Tokyo. The formula that makes it unique, packages in little bottle and have doe hoof applicator that usually used for lip gloss, but those matte lip color has  matte finish instead.


If we're talking about Matte lip color it will be rude not to mention about Lime Crime Velvetines. The oh-so-famous Limecrime Velvetines has making the trend gets bigger. Every online shop that I know who sells similar product will be comparing or refering their new product to LimeCrime. I'm not going to review Lime Crime Velvetines at this post, but I kinda look for a cheaper alternatives and that goes to this LA Splash Lip Couture Liquid Lipstick.


I have two color that represent my moods which is Poison Apple and Rose Garden.I love Red lipstick for special occasion, but most of the time I tend to choose nudes color. 


The consistency of the lipstick is creamy liquid, you have to be careful applying this kind of lipstick once it smeared it will ruin your whole make up. I recommend to frame your lip first with the applicator and continue to fill in your lips. Don't over do this lipstick, one coat is enough. Once it applied wait til it's dried before closing your mouth, it's seems like a silly tip but it will affect the whole performance of your lipstick. Like the claim of the product it stays a long time, even when you're eating, kissing, sweating the color stays there, but when you're applying it wrong,the color will smear all over. I once eat before the lipstick dry and there you go, a lipstick nightmare all day long (it smears and crumbling? I don't even know how to explain, so be careful there)

I have a love-hate relationship with this lipstick specifically and all matte lipstick overall, because it tends to dried out your lip. So scrub out your lip before applying, and wear lip balm! A good one that really moisten your lip.

So this is the result when I wearing LA Splash Lip Couture Rose Garden 


And this is the result when I wearing LA Splash Lip Couture in Poison Apple


I'm not using filter in these picture, I'm just altering the brightness and contrast. However the result may be different due to light condition by the time I'm taking the pictures. I like the finish of the product when applied correctly, but I'm not going to repurchase this lipstick. I tend to trying out other brands you know the feeling when one product is not enough right? :) The price for this lipstick is Rp.150.000 and I got mine from this web.

I'm so excited for this matte lipstick trend, because it gives wide variety of products to test out. So what do you think about this trend? Do you like matte lipstick?






No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 kalsveranda

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi